- Introduction to Community Policy
- Community Conduct Policy
- Community Content Policy
- Reporting Violations of Wetalk Community Policy
Wetalk’s Community Policy help ensure that Wetalk is a safe place where language learners from all over the world can connect with one another and help each other learn a language.
Wetalk’s default position is to not delete, censor, or edit user generated content in any of Wetalk’s community features. However, there are cases in which Wetalk may take extraordinary steps in response to violations of the Community Policy, the Terms of Service, and other policies.
These actions can include:
* Deleting or banning users
* Editing or removing content
1. Do NOT Spam: Do not send the same message to multiple users or repeatedly post the same message in discussions, notebooks or answers sections.
2. Do NOT Post or Send Commercial Advertisements: Do not post or comment for commercial purposes.
3. Do NOT Search for a Romantic Relationship: Do not contact other Wetalk members for dating, or to find sexual partners. Wetalk considers this harassment. Wetalk takes reports of unwanted sexual advances very seriously.
4. Do NOT Harass, Bully, or Stalk: Wetalk does not tolerate harassment, bullying or stalking. Wetalk will take action on all reports of abusive behavior. Repeatedly messaging another user with unwanted friend requests or messages is a form of harassment.
5. Do NOT Create False Identities: Claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization, or creating multiple accounts is not allowed. Duplicate, fake, and joke profiles are not allowed.
User Generated Content that falls into any of the following categories is prohibited and Wetalk will remove this content. Any Wetalk user that is in violation of Wetalk policies can and will be removed from the Wetalk system.
1. Hate Speech and Offensive Language
Wetalk does not permit hate speech or offensive language. We do not permit users to attack others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
2. Commercial or Promotional Content
We ask that you respect our members by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent. In addition, do not make posts or comments that are solely for commercial purposes since this detracts from, and does not add anything of value to the language-learning community.
3. Sexual and Pornographic Content
Wetalk has a strict policy against the sharing of pornographic content and any sexually explicit content. We also impose limitations on the display of nudity.
4. Personally Identifiable Information
Wetalk does not allow publishing a user's personal information without a person's consent.
5. Pirated Content
Wetalk does not allow users to share content on Wetalk, where they do not have the rights to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.
6. Political or Religious Discussions
Wetalk does not permit discussions or graphics relating to political or religious events or groups. Politics and religion are sensitive topics that often lead to polarizing and hateful comments. It is our position to not have these types of discussions on a site that is meant for language learning.
We remove content when we think there is a risk of physical harm, or a threat to public or individual safety. You may not threaten others, or suggest acts of violence. We do not allow promoting, planning or celebrating any actions if they could result in harm to others, including theft and vandalism.
Wetalk takes threats of self-harm seriously. We remove any promotion or encouragement of self-mutilation, eating disorders, or drug abuse. We also work with suicide prevention agencies around the world to provide assistance for people in distress.
Wetalk reserves the right to remove any defamatory content and take action against those who intend, or would reasonably be expected, to harm the Wetalk company or its brand, including the images and reputations of its respective employees, agents, and officers. Such harm includes any action which would be reasonably expected to lead to any negative impact and or any unwanted or unfavorable publicity to the company, brand, employees, agents, or officers.
If you think another user is violating the Wetalk Community Policy or Terms of Service, please report this to Wetalk. Notify the Wetalk team
If you see a post or comment that violates the Community Policy or Terms of Service, please use the "flag this comment" or "report concern" button.
Learn more about reporting abuse.