If you want to offer Teaching Services on Wetalk, you must read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for Teachers ("Teacher Terms"). These Teacher Terms will apply to any Account that is approved to be a Teacher on the Site. If you do not accept these Teacher Terms in full, you are not authorized to teach on the Site and you are not eligible to receive any benefits from Wetalk for any Teaching Services you provide.
Approval for Teaching Services
In order to become a "Teacher", you must first submit a complete Teacher Application. Completed Teacher Applications are evaluated by Wetalk for approval. If your Teacher Application is approved, your member status will be changed to a "Teacher." You will have the ability to create and manage a Teacher Profile on our Site. As a Teacher, you can begin providing "Teaching Services".
Teaching Services Description
In order to provide lessons, Teachers must create a description of their Teaching Services on Wetalk. When creating the description of your Teaching Services, you agree to the following guidelines:
- Write a specific, detailed service description with clear scope, deliverables, and lessons.
- Set expectations that you can meet or exceed.
- Not create services that are made with the intent to commit fraud, or provide services other than the ones outlined in the description. This includes offering your Services in exchange for positive feedback or for no cost.
- Not advertise any third-party teaching service, platform, software, or app.
- Not include any personal contact information, including but not limited to, email, telephone number, or social media ID.
Guidelines for providing your Teaching Services
Once you have received a Teaching Services request, you agree to the following guidelines:
- Use the Wetalk platform to manage Student requests.
- Respond promptly, within 48 hours, to all lesson-related communication, whether from the Student or from Wetalk.
- Maintain a record of all communication between you and the Student. Communication methods can include outside emails, instant messages, telephone, or in-person conversations. Important details include information on the scope, deliverables, time frames, price, feedback, revisions, schedule changes, vacation, availability, delays, acceptance of deliverables, and completion of lessons.
- Inform the Student of your availability and response time.
- Inform the Student if you will be unavailable for more than one business day.
- Respond to all Teaching Services requests with accept, decline, or propose a time/date change. Do not ignore Teaching Service requests and allow them to expire.
Guidelines if you will be unable to provide your Teaching Service
- Immediately inform the Student offering an explanation and proposing a revised date.
- Immediately alert Wetalk Customer Service so that Wetalk is aware of the situation and can offer assistance to the Student.
- If you were unable to inform the Student in advance due to an emergency situation, you are required to give an explanation to the student as soon as you are able to.
Guidelines for after you have provided your Teaching Service
- Use the Wetalk Payment Service to handle all financial matters related to your Teaching Service.
- Provide helpful, objective, balanced feedback for the Student.
Student Complaints and Refunds
Any student who is dissatisfied with your Teaching Service is required to contact you directly through the Site or Application regarding any issues or complaints. You should try to resolve any issue or complaint directly with the Student first.
If the issue or complaint cannot be resolved, between the Teacher and the Student, Wetalk will use all records of communication as evidence to make a determination on how to adjudicate the dispute. Wetalk shall have the right, in our sole discretion:
- To transfer credits, offer a refund, or reverse a transaction.
- To designate who shall bear the expenses resulting from any such actions.
Additional Guidelines for Teaching Services
- Agree to maintain the privacy of Wetalk Students. This includes not soliciting any personally identifiable information (such as birth date, age, government-issued number, phone number, or home address).
- Agree to maintain the privacy of your personal details. This includes personal financial information regarding your Teacher Wallet.
- Agree to maintain personal records for all invoices and payments.
- Agree to cooperate with Wetalk in anti-fraud actions, and in Dispute Resolution.
- Report any conduct violations, including misuse of ratings and feedback.
- Not use Prohibited Content or content that violates the copyright.
You are expected to perform in a manner that results in a consistently high level of Student satisfaction. You are in breach of these Teacher Terms if you:
- Fail to deliver any Teaching Service for which payment was accepted.
- Fail to take reasonable efforts to resolve a dispute with a Student.
- Create unacceptable levels of Student dissatisfaction
Wetalk reserves the following rights to take any of the following actions at any time and at our sole discretion:
- Cancel your listed Teaching Service
- Limit your Account privileges
- Suspend or terminate your Account
- Adjust your Teacher Wallet balance and withhold all payments
- Contact law enforcement or seek legal remedies
License Grant for Teacher Content to Students
You hereby agree that any user who purchases your Teaching Services will be granted a right to use the Content in your Teaching Services solely for personal and noncommercial educational purposes. You acknowledge that all of the Content you submit to the Site is subject to the representations, warranties, license grants, and other provisions contained in the Terms.
License Grant for Teacher Content to Wetalk
You acknowledge that Wetalk may use your Content and information about your Teaching Services in marketing, advertising, and promotion of our Site or Application in any medium. You also give Wetalk permission to use your name as part of marketing, advertising, or promotion.
License Grant for Teacher Introduction Video
Wetalk has the right to use your Teacher Introduction video for marketing, advertising, or promotional purposes. Wetalk may publish teacher videos to our official channels in third-party video hosting and streaming services, such as Youtube, Vimeo, Youku, or others, as to ensure accessibility and visibility to Wetalk students regardless of location.
Wetalk will remove Teacher Introduction videos published to our official channels in third-party video hosting and streaming services upon written notice sent to wetalk.school.
If you wish to report a violation of Site, Application or Service Policies, have any questions or need assistance, please contact Wetalk Customer Service as follows:
Online Support: https://wetalk.school/support